FPPS Faculty Research
Note: All documents listed below are in PDF format and are password protected from printing
Discovery Magazine - 2011
Up In Smoke - Gorbett, Gregory
Fire Engineering - 2005
Letter to the Editor - Gorbett, Gregory
Fire Science Reviews - 2015
Use of Damage in Fire Investigation - Gorbett, Gregory
FSE Conference - 2004
Outgassing Phenomina in Flash Point Testing - Gorbett, Gregory
IFE - 2014
Potential Ignition Sources - Gorbett, Gregory; Hanks, Corey
(Note: This is a large file: 40MB)
Investigation Institute - 2003
A Fire Analysis Tool Revisited - Gorbett, Gregory
ISFI - 2008
Computer Fire Models for Investigation - Gorbett, Gregory
Fire Pattern Persistence and Predictability - Gorbett, Gregory
Full Scale Single Fuel Package Fire Pattern Study - Gorbett, Gregory; Hicks, Bill; Thurman, Tom
ISFI - 2010
Development and Assessment of a Decision - Gorbett, Gregory
Fire Modeling Best Practices for Constructing Academic High Performance Computing Clusters - Gorbett, Gregory
Fire Patterns Analysis with Low Heat - Gorbett, Gregory; Hicks, Bill
Vehicle Fire Burn Pattern Study - Gorgett, Gregory; Hicks, Bill
Electrostatic Discharge Fires at Retail - Pharr, James
Journal of Forensic Sciences - 2015
A New Method for the Characterization of Fire Damage to Gypsum Wallboard for Use in Fire Investigations - Gorbett, Gregory; Morris, Sarah
NFPA Journal - 2004
Fire Dynamic Simulator and Smokeview Training - Gorbett, Gregory
The Detonator - 2009
The Investigation of Explosion Scenes - Thurman, Tom
- James T. Thurman, Practical Bomb Scene Investigation, CRC Press, Taylor and Francis Group, Boca Raton, Florida, 2006, First Edition
- James T. Thurman, Practical Bomb Scene Investigation, CRC Press, Taylor and Francis Group, Boca Raton, Florida, 2011, Second Edition
- James T. Thurman, Practical Bomb Scene Investigation, CRC Press, Taylor and Francis Group, Boca Raton, Florida, 2017, Third Edition
- Kozhumal, S., Gorbett, G., (2018). Fire Dynamics and Forensic Analysis of Compartment Fires. Eastern States Section of the Combustion Institute-Spring Technical Meeting, Penn State University.
- Beyler, C., Gorbett, G., Lentini, J. (2019). Response to Member Feedback on Interpretation of the Publications Improving the Understanding of Post-Flashover Fire Behavior and Progressive Burn Pattern Development in Post-Flashover Fires by Steven Carman. Vol. 70, April 2019.
- Fowlie, E., Sezer, H., Gorbett, G., & Kozhumal, S., (2020). Numerical Investigation of Heat Transfer and Gypsum Calcination Under Fire Conditions. Eastern States Section of the Combustion Institute-Spring Technical Meeting, University of South Carolina.
- Gorbett, G., Pharr, J. (2010). Fire Dynamics. 1st Edition. Brady/Prentice Hall: Upper Saddle River, NJ.
- Gorbett, G., Pharr, J., Rockwell, S (2015). Fire Dynamics. 2nd Edition, Brady/Prentice Hall: Upper Saddle River, NJ.
- Dunlap, S., editor (2012). The Comprehensive Handbook on School Safety. CRC Publishers, Boca Raton, FL. Co-authored Chapter 12: Fire Hazards, Chapter 13: Fire Protection Systems, Chapter 14: Life Safety
- Meacham, B., editor (2020). Environmental Impact of Fire Handbook, “Chapter 8-Fire Fundamentals,” Springer: New York, NY