Earl H. Blair , Ed.D.
- Assistant Professor
- Department: School of Safety, Security and Emergency Management
- Office: Stratton 345E
- Mailing Address: Stratton 250
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 622-6697
Earl Blair, EdD, CSP
· Teach safety management and other safety courses for the undergraduate Occupational Safety & Health (OSH) program and graduate program in Safety, Security and Emergency Management (SSEM) online and in the classroom at EKU.
· Author Scholarly articles for safety journals such as Professional Safety Journal. Recent article titles include:
o Safety Interventions: Strategies for Effective Design
o Building Safety Culture: Practical Applications
o Leading Measures for Enhancing Safety Climate & Driving Safety Performance
· Deliver Scholarly presentations regionally, nationally and internationally. Recent examples include:
o Keynote presentation at Nigeria Chapter ASSE Professional Development Conference
o Two-day workshop for Corporate Intelligence Advisors, Malaysia
o Workshops and Session presentations at the ASSE Professional Development Conference and the National Safety Congress
· Certified Safety Professional (CSP) since 1987
· 12 years Industrial Safety Management experience with Baxter Labs, Ashland Petroleum, Mobil Chemical Company and International Specialty Chemicals.
· 3 years Behavior-Based Safety Consulting with Safety Performance Solutions.
· 20 years teaching experience with Murray State University, Eastern Kentucky University, Indiana University and Indiana State University.
· Department Chair at Indiana State University in Safety, Health & Environmental Health Sciences 2004 – 2006.
· Director for the Heartland OSHA Outreach Education Center, 2009 – 2010.
· Bachelors degree in Psychology, Asbury College
· Masters degree in Safety Management, West Virginia University
· EdD in Vocational Education, University of Kentucky
· Professional member of the American Society of Safety Engineers (ASSE)
|OSH 412||Safety & Health Program Mgnt||Internet Classes SITE||Summer 2017|
|OSH 450||Safety Training Strategies||R 5:00pm-8:10pm||Stratton Building 233||Summer 2017|
|SSE 850||Ergonomics & Human Factors||W 6:00pm-8:45pm||Stratton Building 243||Summer 2017|