Safety, Security & Emergency Management
The Department’s undergraduate programs are designed to prepare you for positions within the field. The curriculum includes education in safety, security and emergency management, including security, fire science, occupational safety, traffic safety, risk management, and emergency medical services.
Many of the department’s bachelor’s degree programs are available both on-campus and completely online.
On-Campus Bachelor’s Degree Programs:
- Emergency Medical Care
- Fire Protection Administration
- Fire, Arson and Explosion Investigation
- Fire Protection and Safety Engineering Technology
- Homeland Security
- Occupational Safety
- Traffic Safety Institute
Online Bachelor’s Degree Programs:
- Fire Protection Administration Online
- Fire Protection and Safety Engineering Technology Online
- Homeland Security Online
- Occupational Safety Online
Online and On-Campus Master’s Program
Available both online and on-campus, the Safety, Security & Emergency Management Master’s program is the only one of its kind in the nation. This 36-credit hour program is designed to meet the needs of working professionals in loss prevention, safety management, fire, security, insurance, emergency management and human resources. EKU’s cutting-edge curriculum, taught by faculty experts, places students at the forefront of their industry and prepares them for executive-level positions.
The newly revised curriculum includes options for a concentration in Homeland Security, Occupational Safety, Fire & Emergency Services, Ergonomics, Labor and Employment, or Emergency Management that allows you to customize the curriculum to fit your personal and career goals.
- Online Safety, Security & Emergency Management Master's Program
- On-Campus Safety, Security & Emergency Management Master's Program